What is PunkCartoons?
PunkCartoons is the comic label of world famous artist, writer, superstar and sex symbol Billy "RedSnake" Shears.
As time goes on I intend to cultivate an evergrowing library of both free short-form comic strips such as my weekly gag strip Rusty and Lila as well as establishing a shop for longer-form digital comic zines and physical comic books further down the line.
So pour yourself a glass of scotch, tea, or chocolate milk depending on your preference, sit back in your favorite chair, bed, or floor, also depending on preference, and relax yourself with some Punk Cartoons, all independent, all underground, all the time.
Run a newspaper? Magazine? Website? If you want a Punk Cartoon Strip showcased in your publication, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for syndication information! Why bother dealing with mediocrity and middle-men in Big-Garfield when you can get something of quality right from the source?
All Punk Cartoons are approved under a strict code of ethics devised by PunkCartoons owner and founder, Billy "RedSnake" Shears. The Code Of Comics Keeping Suitable Under Certain Kriteria Emphasizing Respectability is as follows:
- No naughty words. There will be no utterances of words like s*!t, or f@%k, or c*#t, or w*e-w*e or any other such obscenities in any cartoons under this code!
- No explicit sex! No full nudity!
- No glorification of drugs and whores! Drugs are bad, whores are worse. Cigarettes and beer must be displayed in responsible moderation.
- No punching babies! There will be no baby punching under this code, so if you're looking for a cartoon about punching babies then you've come to the wrong place, BUCKO! No character under the age of nine shall be hit with a clenched fist!
- No disrespect toward respectable authority figures.
- No references to you-know-what.
- No punks!
Note: Some Punk Cartoons made before the writing of the Code Of Comics Keeping Suitable Under Certain Kriteria Emphasizing Respectability are not approved under this code, and new rules may be added to the code at any time if the mood strikes my fancy.
In the event that any works published through the PunkCartoons label become popular enough to warant the seemingly infectious impulse toward the creation of fan art/fanfiction, I acknowledge the fact that, based on my own history in the field, it would be impossible for me to condemn the activity while holding a clear conscience, therefore I will happily encourage any and all fanwork based on my works with the caveat of several guidlines intended to help everyone involved get the most out of process.
- Upon publication of fanfiction, you relinquish all creative rights to the property's original creator. This way if said creator later writes a similar story by coincidence they don't need to worry about any legal ramifications regarding accusations of plagiarism.
- If a PunkCartoon property utilizes a public domain character of any kind (including historical figures and characters from public domain works) in any way, any alterations or reinterpretations of said characters enter the public domain as well. For example, the Punk Cartoon Grim Realities is completely based on public domain properties (Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, etc) therefore all aspects of it barring the actual artwork I drew are public domain and may be used as the basis of any derivitive work (book, comic, animation, movie, play, board game, etc.) and sold at the author's leisure. To make it clear, this applies ONLY to characters already in the public domain! Grim Realities is fair game, Rusty and Lila are NOT!!!
- If you are going to ship my characters together then PLEASE, do not give them any lame portmanteu couple names, I don't want my work to be associated with twenty fanfictions that inexplicably have the word "Lusty" tacked onto the descriptions. I beg of you to be creative in this department if nowhere else!
- Please let me know if you ever do some high concept project based on my works such as a movie or a play. Because I want to be the first in line to see it.
- You may not profit off of my ideas without my involvment. If any money is made then I ask that it be donated to a reputable wildlife preservation and/or reforestation charity.
- In the event that you're writing a fanfiction and find it taking on a new identity that's almost unrecognizable from what it's based on, start a new draft and rewrite it as an original work that you can call your own. There's no shame in this, that's how Star Wars was made.